Skip to main content

Global Day of Prayer 2009, 21-31 May @Penang!


I have tried to google it, and it seems that there were only 2 relevant results..
How come nobody blogs about such important event in Penang?

10 days One Event
10 Hours for 10 Days,
21 - 30 May 09 @ 12 - 10 pm @ Penang Christian Centre (PCC)

The Global Day of Prayer - Last day:
One Event, 31 May 09 @ 7 pm @ Penang Christian Centre (PCC)

It's my usual van driving day.
Since it was a lesser-crowd, we only needed 2 vans and I told the other driver:
"Hooray... I can go home and don't need to drive"

But, somewhat, I just went upstairs to Shalom Hall to see what it has got for me.
Just the day before during service, one of my church member asked me to go there to pray for the issues in my work place.

As I walked into the room, i see 'harp and bowl'.
What is that??
Just learnt a new term from wikipedia, which is derived from Rev 5:8 - a type of worship.
Harp represents the music and the bowl symbolizes our prayer.

8And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

So, the Lord really revealed himself tonight.
God's presence was strong and powerful.

I did not get the 3rd point from the speaker, April, but got the 2 points:
1. God is on our side
- justice happens only through Jesus and God wants us to set apart to be a standard of righteousness, eg. at my workplace.

I have always seen unfairness treated among the different people of different teams.
I have always seen favouristism.
I have always seen how ass-kissers never get into trouble.

But, today, I realised that all these do not matter at all.
Because God is just.
If nobody at my workplace is on my side, GOD is on MY SIDE.
I once believe that God is my true employer. And he'd be fair.

2. God is righteous and Just
Sickness is injustice.
Healing is justice.
Abortion is not right in the eyes of GOD because everything that God made is GOOD stuff, including me.. :)

and another point was..
when doubt falls, our faith rises.....
I should stop my doubts, worries, else my faith would not rise.......
I should trust God's never-ending love for me, and stop relying love from others.
I have to start to receive God's love, and stop searching my heart somewhere else..

Comments

ww said…
amen to the words highlighted in purple.

If God is with/for us, who can be against us?

what can mortal man do to us?
Anonymous said…
Wah.. suddenly so holy pula. Beh tahan. Many times we do not understand the situations we are in, but end of the day, when we depend on Him, our faith rises, our relationship with Him improve and we are Victors! Man gives selfish love and GOD's love is never-ending.
meiyi said…
ww: yes, join me tonight?

miss anonymous, i know who u r la. :P
i became so holy because the harp & bowl is impactful mah :)

also, do a search on global day of prayer in google. now more search results :P
Anonymous said…
Hahaha... so smart of u ah?

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Difference between 'Net' and "Nett"

Since it's part of my group's job to publish daily billings report to the management, our Director (from US) pinpointed that we should fix the spelling of 'nett billings' to 'net billings'. My colleauge was looking at google, trying to understand the 'right' spelling to be used. I finally checked it from Wikipedia , and found that 'nett' is BRITISH and 'net' is AMERICAN. No wonder he's offended to fix it to 'net'! C'mon. I'm in an american MNC, I should be more sensitive towards this.

k770i day out: Haagen Dazs, QBM

Let's compare the picture quality of k770i. Without LED light (dark) With LED light (brighter) OK. Not bad. :) Bon Appetit. Mango was nice. Tiramisu was nice. Cookies in the chocolate was nice and i think it was coffee was nice too!

An afternoon at Dannok

Living at the northern side of Malaysia makes it really convenient and easy to go 'overseas'. For us, going to our neighboring country, be it Thailand or Singapore by land or by flight is really easy. I'm always a fan of Thai food, and with the remaining Thai bahts that I had since my last Bangkok trip (which I didn't finish even crossing the border a couple or times), I decided to go Dannok for FOOD again. So, it's a day trip or rather, half day tour to Dannok For the past few weeks, I was searching for insta / blog /facebook posts if there is any other new hangouts in Dannok, but sadly, I couldn't find many bloggers who write about it. The funny part is, I already blogged about it two years ago. The immigration complex in Malaysia is new. I nearly couldn't recognize it, while passing to get our passport checked. As I didn't want to drive over, we parked our car at the Zon Duty Free. As I entered, I took the wrong ticket (which parking rate is RM3