Nuffnang

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Mamypoko Feedback

A week ago, I was trying to vote for my friend's baby picture and encountered some problem after hitting the back button.

I posted a feedback form and they replied me on the same day!
WOw, that's what I called good customer skills.


Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:24:51 +0800
From: "MamyPoko Club Feedback" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject:
Re: MamyPoko Club Feedback
To:
CC:"samm" , "Man.Fai@Emerge" xxx@emerge.com.my

Hi, Mei Yi,

Thank you for your email.

We will look into the issue & calrify the the team.

You may log in again tomorrow.

Thank you.

Regards,
MamyPoko Club

4 comments:

dragon said...

yes, some company customer service is really great. but some of them like shit!

mei yi said...

MSD customer service very good. :P
especially if i'm still around.
lolz..

Dragon said...

wah... beh tahan lo....

mei yi said...

abuden.. !!
hehe.