Skip to main content

A taste of French cusine @ The View, Equatorial Penang


It's been a year since I've been The View.
I was F-A-T then. Extremely F-A-T.
I think I started reducing some excessively pounds after that..

More restaurants from:
http://www.equatorial.com/pen/index.php?navi_id=6&sub_navi_id=16

We pre-ordered our food since it was a short lunch break.
Since I was assigned as the organizer for the lunch, I shook hands with the waiter as he greeted us at the door.
Then, we proceeded to our tables, and of course, he helped us with our chairs.
I slowly introduced each of their main courses to the PIC.
*phew*
Tough job.
I even introduced them my managers ->> to ensure that they are given the best service.
So, in future, if we would like to invite VIPs for lunch, I would strongly recommend here, as they provided superb service for us, and very, very very extremely ATTENTIVE to all of us.

My first course was the sardine-like soup.
HE-he. I was commented that I'm like American, soup first?
I explained that it was too crowded over at the appetizers area.

And look at my 3 pieces of salmon, 3 pieces of half eaten oysters, some funny stuff..
And again... oysters, some salmon, mixed minced meat, sword fish wrapped with egg, some fish? some jelly-liked appetizer. veg and cream in the shot glass
-> i find it very refreshing though my other friends hated the taste.
It tasted like grass, fresh grass.
perhaps.. fresh wheat grass juice, with the cream, of course.

THe main course -> Rib-eye

Grilled King Cod with hollaindaise sauce.
-> very creamy taste. Yummy sauce.

Grilled King Cod with lemon capers -> THAT'S mine
The flesh is extremely FRESH, and I liked the lemon sauce which made it even more appetizing for my tummy.
Since it's fine dining, I didn't know what to do with the fish skin and rice that I didn't consume.
Thus, I covered the rice with the skin and garnish it back with the fresh leaves
Dessert time - I love the little cakes
- that jam on the spoon is very yucky - tasted like metal
- yummy caramel
- yummy cheese cake
- yummy chocolate muffin
- hard jelly with mango in the candle glass
- banana chocolate cake
- rasberry chocolate cream cake
- one spoon of yummy tiramisu
- cheese cake (again)
- chocolate pudding
- mango and strawberry stick.. :P

chocolate vanilla Ice cream with hersheys topping, almond flakes, grinded nuts, and walnut
- liked it so much that I had two servings
poor cake......
leave it alone ya?

Comments

cat said…
ooo...the codfishes look yummy as! I mean, do you ever get told off for taking a photo of every new dish that reaches the table? I know I do. Sigh.
meiyi said…
told off by the waiters?
or by my friends?

actually, that place is fine dining. not sure if they mind.
We even requested them to help us on our group photo though.

i don't know if they liked it or not, and I took a lot of oysters! 9 oysters!
cat said…
Told off by your friends. Haha. I don't think the waiter would mind. They shouldn't. I mean, its cheap publicity right?

Oysters...when me and my dbf had buffet at the top of Sydney tower, I enjoyed 27 oysters along with the stunning view. GOOD DAYZ!!!!!!! Very painful on the credit card though.

Seafood in Malaysia is dirt cheap. You all should be eating seafood everyday just to spite all of us overseas.
meiyi said…
So far, I think it's still ok.
Most friends know that I'd blog about it, so they didn't really mind. Perhaps, I didn't do it TOO often.
27 oysters!??
I had bad diarrhea on my first encounter with seafood buffet at Genghis Khan, Takashimaya, Singapore. Since then, I try to control a little.

Yes, i agree.. Seafood is still CHEAP here.

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Difference between 'Net' and "Nett"

Since it's part of my group's job to publish daily billings report to the management, our Director (from US) pinpointed that we should fix the spelling of 'nett billings' to 'net billings'. My colleauge was looking at google, trying to understand the 'right' spelling to be used. I finally checked it from Wikipedia , and found that 'nett' is BRITISH and 'net' is AMERICAN. No wonder he's offended to fix it to 'net'! C'mon. I'm in an american MNC, I should be more sensitive towards this.

k770i day out: Haagen Dazs, QBM

Let's compare the picture quality of k770i. Without LED light (dark) With LED light (brighter) OK. Not bad. :) Bon Appetit. Mango was nice. Tiramisu was nice. Cookies in the chocolate was nice and i think it was coffee was nice too!

An afternoon at Dannok

Living at the northern side of Malaysia makes it really convenient and easy to go 'overseas'. For us, going to our neighboring country, be it Thailand or Singapore by land or by flight is really easy. I'm always a fan of Thai food, and with the remaining Thai bahts that I had since my last Bangkok trip (which I didn't finish even crossing the border a couple or times), I decided to go Dannok for FOOD again. So, it's a day trip or rather, half day tour to Dannok For the past few weeks, I was searching for insta / blog /facebook posts if there is any other new hangouts in Dannok, but sadly, I couldn't find many bloggers who write about it. The funny part is, I already blogged about it two years ago. The immigration complex in Malaysia is new. I nearly couldn't recognize it, while passing to get our passport checked. As I didn't want to drive over, we parked our car at the Zon Duty Free. As I entered, I took the wrong ticket (which parking rate is RM3