Skip to main content

My Eagerness Kills my Enthusiasm

I was all geared up and rushed all the way from town (church) to Bayan baru (Sunshine Square).

I calculated my last donated date - 5 July, 84 days (12 x 7 weeks) and it was already closed to 90 days (6 days earlier).
But, sadly, the doctor/medical personnel calculated it differently. They took today's date, 27 Sept to 5 Oct.
Thus, it'd ended up be 3 + 5 days.

Reason for doctor's rejecting my blood:
1. She will reject whatever which is 1 week earlier (but it was 6 days only - dont' u know maths, MISS DOCTOR)
2. I'm a woman donor
3. Protecting the donor (protect what?)
4. I will faint and get dizzy for the next few days
(despite I donated more than 10 times.....)

I'm pretty discouraged.
And, hospitals -> stop asking us to donate. I tried to donate, but the doctor didn't want my blood despite it was just 1 week earlier :(
I think I'd only donate blood in a yearly basis.
I'm dissapointed with the reasons given with no strong basis.

But someone once told me that under-performed doctors are usually being assigned to the BLOOD BANK. Haha. That explains!
The most daring thing they would do is to protect the donors.
They are protecting healthy people... &#$@# -> If this is what they could only do after obtaining their medicine degree.

Comments

Nitin said…
com'on .. yea.. its kinda bad..
its like you missed the 100 meters just by a whisker. but whats it up with that doc anyways? it not like it would be that bad to take it. i mean . like even though they say 12x7 weeks.. it only means close to that period of time to get the blood quanitity back i think . for some people you get it back early and for some a lil bit later. but i think they didn't do it cause they didn't really want your blood level to drop super-low. cause they have got no clue to wether you have replenished completely or not i guess.

im guessing here.. i was never the good citizen.. never did this blood donation thing.. it kinda scares me.. :S.

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Difference between 'Net' and "Nett"

Since it's part of my group's job to publish daily billings report to the management, our Director (from US) pinpointed that we should fix the spelling of 'nett billings' to 'net billings'. My colleauge was looking at google, trying to understand the 'right' spelling to be used. I finally checked it from Wikipedia , and found that 'nett' is BRITISH and 'net' is AMERICAN. No wonder he's offended to fix it to 'net'! C'mon. I'm in an american MNC, I should be more sensitive towards this.

k770i day out: Haagen Dazs, QBM

Let's compare the picture quality of k770i. Without LED light (dark) With LED light (brighter) OK. Not bad. :) Bon Appetit. Mango was nice. Tiramisu was nice. Cookies in the chocolate was nice and i think it was coffee was nice too!

An afternoon at Dannok

Living at the northern side of Malaysia makes it really convenient and easy to go 'overseas'. For us, going to our neighboring country, be it Thailand or Singapore by land or by flight is really easy. I'm always a fan of Thai food, and with the remaining Thai bahts that I had since my last Bangkok trip (which I didn't finish even crossing the border a couple or times), I decided to go Dannok for FOOD again. So, it's a day trip or rather, half day tour to Dannok For the past few weeks, I was searching for insta / blog /facebook posts if there is any other new hangouts in Dannok, but sadly, I couldn't find many bloggers who write about it. The funny part is, I already blogged about it two years ago. The immigration complex in Malaysia is new. I nearly couldn't recognize it, while passing to get our passport checked. As I didn't want to drive over, we parked our car at the Zon Duty Free. As I entered, I took the wrong ticket (which parking rate is RM3