Skip to main content

Moments and Time

While worshipping GOD in a foreign land, I managed to grab some important points from the sermon from Brian Houston of Hillsongs church, Sydney.

Passage can be found in Ecclesiastes 3 (*see below)
The verse speaks that there is a season for everything. Seasons mean it will come to past, just like summer and winter.....

Few points:

1. Moments fulfil opportunity - we should learn to grab every opportunity that we have, as opportunity may not come twice.
2. Moments don't last - even if it's happy or sad moments, it will go away
3. Take the moments - don't miss the moments, and treasure it.
4. Moments leave us with a story to tell - from our experience, we would be able to be a living testimony to others.
5. Moments can determine your destiny/future - it's either we made the right or wrong choice.
6. Moments to make decision - it can be when we decided to pick up the cross to follow Jesus or having a new relationsion with Jesus.
7. Moments are under heaven.
- He reminded us to number our days!!!
- since the day when i was born, i'm like.. how many days old.. arggh. i don't want to count.. I'm just too old!
8. Moments that impact - the day when we are able to impact others or was impacted by others.
To bless and to be blessed...

I responded to the sermon. There were moments where I made the wrong choice. I was haunted by the moments and was not able to move on. Worst still, I do not know what to do or how to continue life with it. Ps Brian Houston prayed a general prayer for all who responded. He went like.. "come on.. i'm going to pray for you, just lift up your hands."
I was indeed touched... as that moment that short moment that I made the wrong choice left me a story to tell. I need someone's help. Someone's prayer.

There was another sermon at church which hit me. If anyone of us is having a problem, we should go ahead and talk to a church leader/elder. Ask them to pray for us, to share our burden. If we see trouble coming towards us, don't even test that evil thing to see how strong we are, but flee away from it!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ecclesiastes%203&version=31
A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
9 What does the worker gain from his toil?
10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men.
11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.
13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
15 Whatever is has already been, and what will be has been before; and God will call the past to account. [a]
16 And I saw something else under the sun: In the place of judgment—wickedness was there, in the place of justice—wickedness was there.
17 I thought in my heart, "God will bring to judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time for every deed."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Difference between 'Net' and "Nett"

Since it's part of my group's job to publish daily billings report to the management, our Director (from US) pinpointed that we should fix the spelling of 'nett billings' to 'net billings'. My colleauge was looking at google, trying to understand the 'right' spelling to be used. I finally checked it from Wikipedia , and found that 'nett' is BRITISH and 'net' is AMERICAN. No wonder he's offended to fix it to 'net'! C'mon. I'm in an american MNC, I should be more sensitive towards this.

k770i day out: Haagen Dazs, QBM

Let's compare the picture quality of k770i. Without LED light (dark) With LED light (brighter) OK. Not bad. :) Bon Appetit. Mango was nice. Tiramisu was nice. Cookies in the chocolate was nice and i think it was coffee was nice too!

An afternoon at Dannok

Living at the northern side of Malaysia makes it really convenient and easy to go 'overseas'. For us, going to our neighboring country, be it Thailand or Singapore by land or by flight is really easy. I'm always a fan of Thai food, and with the remaining Thai bahts that I had since my last Bangkok trip (which I didn't finish even crossing the border a couple or times), I decided to go Dannok for FOOD again. So, it's a day trip or rather, half day tour to Dannok For the past few weeks, I was searching for insta / blog /facebook posts if there is any other new hangouts in Dannok, but sadly, I couldn't find many bloggers who write about it. The funny part is, I already blogged about it two years ago. The immigration complex in Malaysia is new. I nearly couldn't recognize it, while passing to get our passport checked. As I didn't want to drive over, we parked our car at the Zon Duty Free. As I entered, I took the wrong ticket (which parking rate is RM3