Skip to main content

Mother's Day Lunch at Kampachi, Equatorial Hotel Penang


It was supposed to be a mother's day lunch last week, but it was postphoned to this week.
Sadly, we all have to fork out extra Rm4 each since it's a price increase. It's RM62++ now.
Kampachi really know how to make business.
The place was still packed mainly with Japanese.
Moreover, it's a Mother's Day weekend.
Tomorrow, the price is even more SCARY.

My first course.
1. Chawan Mushi
2. Appetizer - pickles and squids
3. Spread of Sashimi (salmon, tuna, octupus, some white fish)
4. Sushi (unagi, ebiko, salmon, mixed veg) and egg roll

Second dish:
1. More Sashimi - Yes, more salmon, because it's the BEST SALMON sold in PENANG.
2. More sushi (taufu, green ebiko)

Third Dish:
1. Tempura (Fish, Prawn, brinjal, squid and spring roll) with lotsa raddish on the sauce

With this stupid dish, i FELT so full

Fourth Dish:

My fav doramon food, Dorayaki with the Kampachi word on it.
It has peanut butter and Red bean.

5th dish:
Jelly....... with peaches in it.

6th Dish:
Cakes!!!
1. Cheese cake - REALLY GOOD!!
2. Brownie
3. Sweet grape/greenish cream cake?
4. Black forest - REALLY GOOD!!
5. Cream Brulee at the left corner

7th dish:
1. 1 scoop of Macha Ice cream and 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream
8th course:
1. Tiramisu
2. Pudding
I could hardly breathe, but after seeing the new edition of tiramisu, i took it!!

It's really good.. The View (EQ also) has the BEST DESSERTS in Penang too!

9th course:

ALmost dead!
More tiramisu and green tea!
It's totally INDULGENCE



OF course, they had other stuff like japanese pizza, some toufu, raw eggs, grilled seafood, teriyaki, sukiyaki... but i skipped all those for desserts. Silly me huh?

That room had little japanese deco and I nearly wanted to climb in for pics. Sadly, I was stopped by my sis from doing that.

Nice Koi Garden outside.
I tell you. the koi fishes are really big fat ones!

Happy Mother's day, mama. :)

Comments

WTF!
4th dead...
Josi3 said…
Nyam nyam.I want to be Mei Yi's mom ..

I want the unagi unagi
meiyi said…
haha. we go together ok!
crazyyakuzaishi said…
wahliaooooooooo

i lau nuah edi when look at ur food photos...

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Difference between 'Net' and "Nett"

Since it's part of my group's job to publish daily billings report to the management, our Director (from US) pinpointed that we should fix the spelling of 'nett billings' to 'net billings'. My colleauge was looking at google, trying to understand the 'right' spelling to be used. I finally checked it from Wikipedia , and found that 'nett' is BRITISH and 'net' is AMERICAN. No wonder he's offended to fix it to 'net'! C'mon. I'm in an american MNC, I should be more sensitive towards this.

k770i day out: Haagen Dazs, QBM

Let's compare the picture quality of k770i. Without LED light (dark) With LED light (brighter) OK. Not bad. :) Bon Appetit. Mango was nice. Tiramisu was nice. Cookies in the chocolate was nice and i think it was coffee was nice too!

An afternoon at Dannok

Living at the northern side of Malaysia makes it really convenient and easy to go 'overseas'. For us, going to our neighboring country, be it Thailand or Singapore by land or by flight is really easy. I'm always a fan of Thai food, and with the remaining Thai bahts that I had since my last Bangkok trip (which I didn't finish even crossing the border a couple or times), I decided to go Dannok for FOOD again. So, it's a day trip or rather, half day tour to Dannok For the past few weeks, I was searching for insta / blog /facebook posts if there is any other new hangouts in Dannok, but sadly, I couldn't find many bloggers who write about it. The funny part is, I already blogged about it two years ago. The immigration complex in Malaysia is new. I nearly couldn't recognize it, while passing to get our passport checked. As I didn't want to drive over, we parked our car at the Zon Duty Free. As I entered, I took the wrong ticket (which parking rate is RM3