Skip to main content

First trip of the year 2016 -- Hatyai

Following the previous day trip to Dannok, I finally had a short vacation in Hatyai, This is probably one of my many trips to Hatyai, but this time, I didn't really spend a lot of time around Lee Gardens Hotel area.

I've never really blogged on the details of my journey to Hatyai, so here it is...


Going through the immigration is much easier compared to the immigration at the airport.
In the past, I have always gotten the immigration form (They call it the 'white card') from the money changers at Changloon. In fact, it is easily accessible at the immigration office on the left hand side. Parking is also easy and free while awaiting for our passports to be stamped.



Danok is always famous for pork leg rice. So here it is. I love the sweet and sour chilies.



The chicken kuih chiap along the way.
It tasted like bak kut teh compared to the normal kueh chiap dish.



After lunch, i finally managed to checked in to Wungnoy Hotel.
I would recommend this hotel, as it felt more like a resort than a high densed hotel like Lee gardens or Regency. Thus, parking a car is easy, just that there might be parking lots later in the night.

Since its still early in the afternoon, i went to the big market (parking is 10Baht per hour) and bought some local delicacies like cashew nuts, ikan bilis, and dried longan. And, of course, bought shoes and there are ample of imitations (bags, wallets and etc).  I finally found monobo shoes and Kito sandals and it was ~180baht. 

Surprisingly when I reached Samila beach, it was very windy. In my previous Countdown trip back in 2010, it was raining thus, i didn't really manage to walk around the place.

Not only it had the famous mermaid, but it also had another cat and rat statue, representing the cat and rat Island.







Things are different after 5 years. There are more tourists now (and I think from Malaysia too.)

And there are also horse rides, and more food/souvenir stalls available.



I remembered coconut ice cream was more tasty 5 years ago.
I forgot to ask them to remove the pulut rice. Very sweet for my liking.

It's really late and hurried back to Klonghae Floating Market. Traffic was better on my way back, but the journey was really long (> 30 mins to Samila beach from town).





I bought another coconut ice cream. This time, I'm smarter. I told her I only wanted the ice cream and nuts. Nothing. No extras please. :)


I bought this because of the mandarin duck clay. :)


It was too crowded and late that I seriously didn't had time to walk around :(
But i believe we can spend a few hours for a good dinner and souvenir shopping.

For dinner, I went to a shop next to Wungnoy hotel.
The tomyam was extremely spicy and I was literally burning from inside out.


I thought Minced meat with basil leaves would taste good, but I think I probably like the one from Khun Thai.



After a sweaty dinner (well, i'm glad that i'm just staying next to the restaurant). Had a good bath and rest before I proceed to West Side saloon for the best live music pub in Hatyai!! :) :)


Seriously, it was really good, and the drinks were cheap compared to Penang.
Besides, Thai and English songs, they even sing hokkien, mandarin and Cantonese songs despite that the pronunciation is not accurate.


It was an eye opener to me looking at the patrons. The ladies over there were open and daring, and the men can really sing and dance well... As for me, I sat quietly and enjoy the show :D :D

Late at night; tried the steamed egg from 7-11. I wish I have more tummy space for more food!

The next morning, we went for the famous dimsum + bak kut teh, which resembles like Chinatown.

Right after dimsum and checking out, I headed to Lee gardens /central area for shopping.

Not forgetting the nearby foot massage parlour.

Then it was, the place I have never been - Central Festival.
I find that the mall is almost like one in big cities like bangkok or chiangmai.

So, I would say, we can go hatyai for real thai experience now!






Very very lovely photo taking corners!

My trip ended with makro and tesco shopping - groceries shopping, snacks that we hardly see in Penang, or at a higher price.

OMG, this post was like 2 years ago, and now I decided to publish it now -27-Oct-2017. Well, better late than never. Now, I feel like visiting hatyai again, after more than a year...



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Difference between 'Net' and "Nett"

Since it's part of my group's job to publish daily billings report to the management, our Director (from US) pinpointed that we should fix the spelling of 'nett billings' to 'net billings'. My colleauge was looking at google, trying to understand the 'right' spelling to be used. I finally checked it from Wikipedia , and found that 'nett' is BRITISH and 'net' is AMERICAN. No wonder he's offended to fix it to 'net'! C'mon. I'm in an american MNC, I should be more sensitive towards this.

k770i day out: Haagen Dazs, QBM

Let's compare the picture quality of k770i. Without LED light (dark) With LED light (brighter) OK. Not bad. :) Bon Appetit. Mango was nice. Tiramisu was nice. Cookies in the chocolate was nice and i think it was coffee was nice too!

An afternoon at Dannok

Living at the northern side of Malaysia makes it really convenient and easy to go 'overseas'. For us, going to our neighboring country, be it Thailand or Singapore by land or by flight is really easy. I'm always a fan of Thai food, and with the remaining Thai bahts that I had since my last Bangkok trip (which I didn't finish even crossing the border a couple or times), I decided to go Dannok for FOOD again. So, it's a day trip or rather, half day tour to Dannok For the past few weeks, I was searching for insta / blog /facebook posts if there is any other new hangouts in Dannok, but sadly, I couldn't find many bloggers who write about it. The funny part is, I already blogged about it two years ago. The immigration complex in Malaysia is new. I nearly couldn't recognize it, while passing to get our passport checked. As I didn't want to drive over, we parked our car at the Zon Duty Free. As I entered, I took the wrong ticket (which parking rate is RM3